Wanna be a Pixie winner?
When you finish your Pixie Medallion quilt I reckon you are going to feel like this guy - a total winner. But just in case knowing you've made something beautiful and maybe learned a few things along the way isn't enough, there is going to be more.
Sharon will be announcing some prizes for northern hemisphere folk over at Color Girl Quilts soon, but I've also got lots of goodies planned for everyone stitching along south of the Equator. Australian and New Zealand peeps - this is for you!
Even if you only choose to make the small bountiful star quilt, you are still in the running for some great prizes.
If you haven't got your pattern yet, you can grab one here
So here's all the what, when and how.
November progress prize
To win 3 Color Girl Quilts patterns
- Complete the centre and up to and including the snowball border by 30 Nov 2017
- You must post at least 4 updates on Instagram using #greatpixieqal,
- a progress picture and another when you finish your centre star
- and another progress and completed picture of the snowball border
We've got an extensive range of Color Girl Quilts patterns in store, and will be adding more soon. You can check them out here.
Complete the small quilt to win 10 FQs (your choice) of the new Kona Cotton colours *
- Complete the bountiful star quilt (up to the narrow strip just after the snowball border), by 31 March 2018. To be eligible your entry must be quilted and bound.
- You must post at least 6 updates on Instagram using #greatpixieqal
- all four posts outlined above for the pattern prize
- one when basting or quilting
- one of your beautiful new quilt
There are no restrictions on when you must post your first photo, so even if you dont' get started until after the kick off date, you are still able win.
And don't forget - you will get to choose your very colours. There's some great neutrals, pastels and pops of vibrant colour, so there's definitely something for everyone.
Did I tell you that I am going to make s small quilt in the new Konas? No? More about that soon
* There is a chance when everyone gets sewing that they will decide to keep going and compete the full sized quilt. If there are no eligible entries for the small quilt section, the kona bundle will be awarded to the runner up in the grand prize pool.
To win the grand prize :
The grand prize is worth in excess of $135 (AUD) and consists of the following:
- A bundle of 14 Robert Kaufman Monochrome FQs
- A Classic curves ruler (they have been so popular here in Australia that I've sold out, but I'll be getting more in stock soon)
- Color Girl Quilts pattern to use with your new Classic Curves Ruler
To be in the running for the grand prize you need to post 10 pictures to Instagram using the #greatpixieqal hashtag:
- two pictures of the centre star and each round (10 in all). One picture of your progress and another of the completed at attached section
Please note the flying geese border has been divided into two sections to allow participants plenty of time to sew. The first section is the pink, orange and yellow geese rounds, and the second is the green and navy round. To win the grand prize you will need to post two pictures of both sections.
Once again it doesn't mattern when you start posting picutres of your quilt, so even if you don't get started this month you are still able win. Don't leave it too late though.
Here's a pic of the Monochrome fabric bundle as well as the Classic Curves Ruler. How cool would Pixie look in black and white prints with pops of saturated colour BTW?
Good luck everyone!
I can't wait to see what fabrics you choose and watch your quilts as they begin to take shape.